1983 Science Fiction/Fantasy/Adventure Rated PG 134 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 25, 1983|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||Not Available|
In the epic conclusion of the saga, the Empire prepares to crush the Rebellion with a more powerful Death Star while the Rebel fleet mounts a massive attack on the space station. Luke Skywalker confronts his father Darth Vader in a final climactic duel before the evil Emperor. In the last second, Vader makes a momentous choice: he destroys the Emperor and saves his son. The Empire is finally defeated, the Sith are destroyed, and Anakin Skywalker is thus redeemed. At long last, freedom is restored to the galaxy.
Box office gross: $309.1 million.
Released by Fox. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- The first 'The Last Jedi' trailer offers some clues
- Monday Mixer: 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' has an official title
- Review: 'Freemaker Adventures' takes 'Star Wars' to a new level
- August the 4th: A new 'Star Wars' TV series?
- July the 4th: The return of Darth Vader
- June the 4th: 'Rogue One' reshoots? Uh-oh?